Powered By Blogger

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Expectation brings Failure

There's many philosophy that Human Mind is a Monkey which jumps frequently. This is due to the expectation. Everyone has their one expectation in their life. There is no limit for expectation and desire. Even everyone of us would have expected to possess super natural powers like superman, spider man in our childhood. We know its sounds crazy but still we desire. A kid expects his parents should always take care about him/her. A student expect to get good mark. An employee expects another good job than his current job. Elderly persons expects respect and care from younger.

In our school days we would have heard about the story of a wood cutter or duck laying golden eggs. What's these stories are trying to say to us? Are we alone expecting things from others? or the whole words is set like that? How can we make our mind prepared that it wont expect anything from others. We can practice not to expect things from others. We can stick to it for few hours but surely we will not be able to keep up our control. We will automatically start to expect something from others.

Let me give an example, which happened in my life recently. One fine day I woke up from my bed(I used to sleep in the floor only) and decided not to expect anything from other. Started the day with a good decision. I brushed and looked at the Bathrooms. Sorry I forgot to mention that I was staying in Mansion. All the bathrooms were occupied. I was thinking when it will be free, any one will come out quickly or not. Then managed to take a bath and started to office. I rushed to the bus stop. Again sorry, I forgot to mention that I go to my office by government bus service (MTC).

I was eagerly waiting for the bus 21H (Browadway - Kelambakkam), which will go near to my office. After few mins I got a bus it was overcrowded. I boarded the bus and I was thinking in this crowd how I will get a seat to sit. But till my stop i was not able to get a seat to sit (the travel time is just 1 and half an hour). From the stop to my office it will be around 1.3km, I was looking for people who are coming in bike and familiar to me, so that I can get myself dropped in my office. But found none so started walking and reached office. After reaching there I noticed I was late by 10 mins. I prayed my manager should not be in the seat, so he won't notice me that I was late. Luckily he was not there I happily went to my place, and shocked to see he was standing in my place. He was waiting for me for the build notes I have to sent. I apologized for being late and then sent out the mail regarding the build notes.

Managed myself to go for my breakfast after an hour. It was around 10:30. In my office canteen, food would be over by 10:00 itself. I though it would be good if i had something to eat. Luckily nothing was there and i had a juice (pomegranite - my favorite one). I returned to my workstation and i was assigned with some work and it should be completed on that day itself. I know definitely I will not be able to complete it by the day. I have to stretch i.e stay this night to complete it. I started my work after an hour I got my tea. I like tea when it is hot. But my tea for that day was not hot. Suddenly my HR called me. I thought it should be a good news, two days back i have applied my leave. I thought he would say my leave was approved. I greeted my HR and asked whether he was looking for me. It's just opposite I never expected that, he assigned me a task that company website should be updated. I thought I should do this work soon so that he would approve my leave. Finally I came to my place and saw my friend (cubical mate) sitting very sad.

I was astonished to see him like this because he was never down with energy. I asked him what happened. He said he had applied MBA in an institution (very famous one not interested in mentioning the name), he was expecting his call letter. But he got a call that he was not selected. When he said the word 'expecting' suddenly i remembered about my decision that I took in the morning. I pointed down how many time I have expected something till that time. I was shocked to see there were more that 10 items. I smiled at me and I marked how much of my expectation came true and found none. Then I came to the conclusion that its very difficult to not expect things from others. Its in our thought, in one way or the other way we all expect something. Some may get positive things in their expectation but most of the things will be failure only.

No comments:

Post a Comment