Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A Sweet Lie

Hi all, this is a interesting event that happened just few days back in my life. After a hard day in office (lets have it in that way) I started to my room. I used to walk around 3 or 4 km in the evening. I walked to the bus stop. Meanwhile I fel little bit hungry. Because on that day afternoon I didn't had my lunch. I stepped into a bakery shop and ordered a butter bun (my favorite one). I started tasting it. It was yummy. While I was having it I just looked around the place. One couple was fighting among themselves and another couple were sharing the food what they bought in the bakery. I looked at a kid (may be at the age 3 - very small kid), she was pointing sweets to her grandmother.

Her grandmother enquired about the cost of the sweet (the kid pointed) to the shop keeper and she counted the change what she had in her hand. This thing happened more than five times. After sometime the person who was telling the price/cost went inside to look after some other work. The kid was repeatedly asking her grandmother for sweet and her grandmother was still counting the change in her hand. I finished my bun and went near the kid. I asked the kid what is the sweet she want. She pointed to Gulab Jamun and a milk sweet with golden wafers on it.

I looked at her grandmother she was looked at me with lots of confusion. I ordered those sweets and gave that to the kid. She grabbed it happily. Still I remember the cute smile. Her grandmother explained she didn't had the necessary change for the bus. I said, "It's ok. Today is my birthday". After hearing that she greeted me and left the shop. I watched the kid jumping here and there and enjoyed the sweet with happiness. At that moment I thought for this cute smile I can tell n no. of lies (sweet lies).

2 comments:

  1. Who are you man??? Male version of Teresa? All I've seen is guys of (o)ur age... booze around, try to impress gals, enjoy a lot...

    Y r u different? Y do u always do this? I know u... Am flattered...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Machi... Good and real one... write and share more stories...

    ReplyDelete