Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

My Role Model

Yesterday (September 22, 2010) I attended a session on Spirit of Wipro in my new organization sorry i have newly joined in that organization. Shobana Pasupathy lead the session. She started the session by saying "Everyone should participate and interact". I enjoyed the session very much. And I should personaly thank her because she took me to my past (she made me to remember my past). While she was explaining about the values of Organization, she came to explain about Intensity to Win.

While explaining about that she asked us 3 question. The questions were
  1. What do you meant by Intensity to Win?
  2. Who is your role model who displays intensity to win?
  3. can you recollect some incidents where you have stood by the above value in challenging situation too?
She gave us sheets to write the answers for those questions. Like everyone I also started to answer those questions.

For the first question I wrote, "Intensity to win means having the desire to win but in a gentle way. For that you have to be aware and update the same to all".

For the second question I wrote, "Sivashankar Rajendran was my role model. He was my team leader. I did my graduation project under his guidance. He used to give us the information and instruction what we have to do. Unfortunately he fell ill and we were sitting ideal for one month. As the time passed we got scared. We had no idea how we are going to complete our project. He came back and he told us not to give up the hope and he supported and motivatd us and he made us to believe that we are capable of completing it in a short period and we completed the project in a month. I was very much impressed about his attitude and the way he handled the people."

For the third question I wrote, "Yes during my Post Graduation. I was my class representative and I used to be the Placement Co-ordinator. We had one hour placement session in a week. But there was no faculty to take the session. I used to conduct some aptitude exam during that hour for the students who were interested. Most of them wont attend since that was the only hour they can relax themselves. Many of my friends asked me to stop conducting exams during that hour. But I never stopped it. I conducted it even if one of my classmate willing to take up the exam. Those who showed interest got placed first in offcampus/oncampus. Even now we go to our university and help our juniors by conducting these kind of exams"

After ten minutes, she randomly spotted some to read out the answers. Many shared their ideas. One among us said that he was the role model for himself. My turn came and I read what I have written. She encouraged me to help others and she asked me to keep doing the same in the future. I assured her that I will do. Finally she explained about the Role Model. Each and every individual can be a role model to other in two ways
  1. in a good way
  2. the bad
The choice is upto us. What we choose defines our character and attitude. Her words initiated a spark in my mind. I know i had chosen a good role model in my life, whether I would be a good role model to others. I wanted to be a role model to others in a good way. I will never give up being good and I will continue to do the good things what I can do to others and to this place where we survive. One day or other surely some one will say my name as his role model in a good way. For that I have to work hard and I should be true to others. I hope that day will come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment